Welcome to Ask A Sister
We are a small, local family business. Two sisters that provide help and support to enable the elderly to enjoy independent living in their own homes. We work thoughout Teignbridge and Torbay, and some of the parts of South Hams that are closer to where we live in Stokeinteignhead and St Marychurch. Ask A Sister can help you with companionship and practical support, assisting with all those everyday tasks that for some now seem just that little bit more difficult! This could be once a week, or once in a while, the choice is yours.
Here is a short list of some of the things we do for others.
- Escorting on shopping trips
- Outings for pleasure
- Respite sitting to support carers and relatives
- Light housekeeping duties
- Support and transport for doctors or hospital appointments
- Provide wheelchair and other walking aids
- Meal preparation
- Test fire alarms and call buttons
- Advocacy and support with filling out forms
- Organise wardrobes
- Clothing alterations and dressmaking
- Make beds, change linen
- Provide information on other essential services
- Help understand computers or technology
Getting Out & About
One of the greatest challenges to you living an independent life, is driving and mobility. Our companion driving service can help you get out and about.
With spring soon knocking on our door, what better a treat to look forward to than a trip to the beach or somewhere like Cockington, where you can also enjoy tea and cakes in the garden, or just to be able to do a weekly shop, with someone there to help you with the transport and carrying.
Ask A Sister does this weekly for a number of clients, providing accompanied transport and a wheelchair if required. Some of the favourite places we regularly visit include, Teignmouth, Dawlish, Fermoy's Garden Centre, Shaldon Zoo, Stoke Gabriel, and the Willows Shopping Centre. Your day, your choices, we're there just to help you.